The sale of your home can depend a great deal on whether or not it has Curb Appeal. What is Curb Appeal? Simply put, it is anything visible to a prospective buyer from the street that makes them want to see more of the house. Curb Appeal can be a powerful force in attracting potential buyers to your home. But how do you ensure that your house has as much Curb Appeal as possible?
Here are some easy places to start:
- Make sure the lawn is mowed, and all trees and bushes are well trimmed.
- Place planters of flowers or hanging baskets on the porch.
- See that all flowerbeds are weeded and freshly mulched.
- Check that the front door is attractive and freshly painted.
- Consider re-painting the exterior of your house.
- Give the outside of your home a good scrub: clean the windows, patio furniture, driveway and sidewalks.
- Finally, make sure your house numbers are visible, your mailbox is in excellent condition, and that all porch and outside lights are working properly. You want interested buyers to find your home easily!
These are just a few ideas to get you started in preparation for selling your home. Once the home is ready to be put up for sale, it can be listed on my website, where it can get the attention of thousands of prospective buyers. I’d love to sit down and talk with you on other strategies for marketing your home. I look forward to hearing from you.